Art in Island: Largest 3D Museum in Asia
Are you an art-slash-photography aficionado who likes to put into test some of your hidden theatrical skills? Then, this Interactive 3D Art Museum is a perfect place for you. For a price of P500, the museum can take you to Rome to Egypt, ride a flying carpet or a horse-drawn carriage, and up-close encounter with Vincent Van Gogh and more!
Art in Island is said to be the largest 3D museum in Asia in terms of the number of 3D paintings available (around 200 masterpieces). It was founded by Yun Jae Kyoung together with his other Korean partners. This two-storey museum is about 3,800 square-meters, with 14 3D artists from Korea who worked on the paintings in just four months.
The museum encourages everyone to be a “part of art” hence the term interactive. Unlike many museums, where touching the paintings nor taking pictures of it is not allowed, Art in Island allows visitors to interact and have fun and be creative with the art pieces.
So, before we begin this virtual tour, here are some reminders/tips and other essential information about this very artistic hub.
- Art in Island is open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm.
- Entrance fees: P500 for regular ticket; P400 for students; free for children below 3 years old.
- No food or pets are allowed. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the museum.
- No flash photography. Use of tripods are not also allowed.
- Upon entering, you will be asked to leave your shoes at the counter. This is to preserve the paintings because some can be found in the floor. Better wear socks or bring one.
- There are markers that will guide you where to properly stand and take photos. There are also sample pictures displayed on the wall to give you an idea on how to properly pose.
- Respect: Wait for your turn and do not interfere when there are people posing and taking pictures at a certain art.
- BE CREATIVE! Think outside the box and display your artistic side.
- Make sure your camera is fully charged with plenty of memory space.
Now What Will You See Inside Art is Island?
Art of Optical Illusion: Upon entering, you will be greeted by a few framed optical illusion art hanging in the walls. Here are some of them:
Themed Zones: As you go further, you will find yourself be amazed with the different themed zones which include the following:
How To Get There:
Address: 175 15th Ave. Brgy. Socorro, Cubao, Quezon City
*** Art in Island is roughly a 15-minute walk from Araneta Center Cubao. When commuting, the nearest stops are MRT Cubao and the Cubao bus stops along EDSA..
Contact No.: (02) 421-1356